Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine

I want to pose the question about valentine gifts. Do us girls love them or sometimes if this is from a supposed not so secret admirer is it cringeworthy?

For example a boy who shall not be named sent me flowers at work today. I am not ungrateful and do enjoy feeling a little bit special on this potentially depressing time of the year for a singleton such as myself. I should mention said boy also works in my office and is not subtle in his advances. As much as I am not sure if I like this boy I don't dislike him. However the sweetness of the gesture was majorily outweighed by the fact the flowers arrived in front of all my colleagues and immediatley raised questions and debates.

It may just be me but I found it all a bit embarasing and felt my face glow into a red beacon and my grin and silly girly laugh starting to emerge in the time of uncomfortableness. The gift itself is great but from potential admirers/future boyfriends can the inital gift giving and romancing be a bit uncomfortable for some of us, or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment